Saturday 10 August 2013

McSvHost.exe causes cpu spike, lagging, and buzzing - very annoying

So I just recently started noticing this performance issue first during gaming, but now while listening to itunes are even surfing the internet. I havn't yet seen it while completly idle though.

The computer lags horribly and any audio being played turns into a buzzing noise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNcB1D9seqc

this video gives you an idea of what i'm talking about. check 2:20 ish.

I run a windows 7 64bit

intel i7 2600 processor

8 GB ram

and a radeon 6900 graphics card.

also the computer was bought from Dell: XPS 8300, if that helps

What i did was run windows resource monitor while i was listening to music and surfing the web and managed to find out that it was McSvHost.exe that was causing these spikes; which spiked to 100 percent then back down to normal in roughly a third of a second. I'm guessing cpu usage at 100 percent is probably causing the lagging and buzzing. Not sure if its recomended to delete McSvHost.exe permanently. i'm hoping that an update of somesort will fix it.

I hope that someone can give me a solution. My computer is almost brand new and i can't get full enjoyment out of it.

Thank you.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment