Saturday 10 August 2013

Mcafee Security Center Blank White Screen

Ok this is weird-  here is what i have just discovered. 

I rebooted.

I opened internet explorer and nothing else to do a search...

I then tried opening mcafee

I had my normal screen

I rebooted

I didnt open IE or anything else after boot finished

I opened mcafee

Blank White Screen

I rebooted  ran windows update - reinstalled IE9 (which caused another reboot after install.)

Blank white screen when i just open mcafee w/o doing anything else after reboot.

Rebooted again.

Opened  Firefox (the browser I usually use)

Opened mcafee  and got the normal screen

Virtual Technician USED to see my software before the unistall, now it doesnt.   The last patch changed something in the program so the firewall stuff is now labeled Traffic Controller instead of something like firewall settings?  And it changed from Stealth to some other setting that lets programs I do not want ot talk to the internet have full access.

I rebooted - opened no browsers at all

Blank white screen.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment