Saturday 10 August 2013

Mcshield.exe High Virtual Memory Usage

I'm having the same issue since the last upgrade. Went through the virtual technician, wasted an hour with online chat where everything got uninstalled and reinstalled. I have 2G of RAM, and between last night's install and this morning, it's all of it's component are using over 1.5G of virual memory. And that's without ever doing a scan.

My system hasn't crashed yet. But based on performance since this last upgrade I can expect it to soon get real sluggish and then I'll have to reboot.

On top of that, because of the reinstall I now have that stupid anti-spam toolbar in my Outlook Express. I came here to try to find a way to get rid of it. But all I can find is people complaining that it's now missing. I want to remove it.

Good luck to all of us. I had a feeling buying this product was a mistake, but hoped that after not using it for 4 years they would have fixed some of the issues. Instead I get the same false positives I got then, and still no way to keep it from detecting them, so I have to restore after every scan.

I hope they do something about this memory issue -- I see a few other posts. But based on past performance, they'll deny it for 2 or 3 months, or until it makes it into a major magazine or website because somebody with clout gets clobbered. I would think that that shouldn't take too long, execpt those people are probably using the Enterprise version and already had their own crash.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment