Saturday 10 August 2013

mcshield.exe high cpu usage, unusable system after fresh install

I posted an earlier thread a while back regarding security center 2009 and high cpu usage related to a game I have installed:

http://community.mcafee.com/thread/21277

Recently I did a complete fresh re-install of mcafee and when I installed (after using the removal tool) I was upgraded to security center 2010

Unfortunately the problems above have got worse - they are caused by other game executables and the system degredation persists longer than the minute or so it used to to be a permanent problem that is only resolved by hard-resetting the machine.

I have currently uninstalled mcafee (disabling the auto-renewal) and installed a trial of another product.

But I would like to get mcafee working again.

has anyone experienced bizarre high cpu usage by mcshield.exe?

My system is Vista 32bit, all patched.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment