Saturday 10 August 2013

McAfee removal tool

I've passed on my laptop to a relative who wants to replace McAfee with some other anti-malware suite and asked me to remove McAfee Internet Security from the laptop. After removing it with the Control Panel removal tool I also ran the McAfee removal utility to make sure all remnants of McAfee were gone. The laptop now looks clean of it except one sticky option among the "Notification Area Icons": down at the right side of the task bar. It shows an icon entry that's named "mcagent.exe" with the usual 3 different options: Show icon and notifications, Hide icon and notifications, and Only show notifications.

Since McAfee has been uninstalled from the PC, this icon entry should also be gone, but it is still there. Has anybody figured it out how to remove it?

To illustrate that mcagent.exe entry for better understanding what I am writing about, I attached a snap shot of that screen below.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment